Sunday, May 13, 2007

Goodbye Klaus


This past Friday, around 8 AM, our little, bright, bundle of energy passed away after fighting what appeared to be pulmonary edema for many months. He did not show any signs of suffering or pain, in fact, he kept up with his affectionate singing to his little toy penguin until close to the end. Ali held him as he took his last breath. The last words I heard him say were "I love you" spoken just as clearly as Petra and Martina taught him. It's very quiet around here now.

"For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God; for the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the glorious liberty of the children of God." Romans 8:19-21 RSV

5 comments:

Chopsticks on Oboe said...

I can't wait to see Klaus again in heaven. He was the best bird ever. I really miss him! Goodbye my dear boy.

Lisa said...

I'm sad to think that Klaus is no longer with us. He was such a sweet natured bird. I'll miss him sitting on my head.

Per said...

Amen, Tee! He was a good boy!

Per said...

Klaus liked to sit on the head or shoulder of those whom he trusted. So you were a trusted friend, Lisa.

Paul said...

He was a grand bird...